How to Make a WordPress Website Tutorial 2020admin
How to Create a WordPress Website
In a highly competitive and dominated market by bloggers who are making massive fortunes, do you also want to know how to make a WordPress website? Before you say yes or no, we’d like to tell you that blogging already has a lot of competition. Do you think you’ll be able to survive? If now you say “yes”, then this blog is for you! Today, we’ll learn how to create WordPress blog from start.
How to Get a Domain Name
A domain can be understood as your identity on the internet. The issue is that this identity is temporary and not permanent. You get limited access to your Domain name. But no worries, you can renew your domain name for more time as per the policy of your domain name provider.
We’ve already written a complete and in-depth blog on how to get a domain name. You can check that out for more information.
How to buy a Hosting
Hosting is that part of your website making where your website’s all database is stored. From pictures to logins, everything is stored in hosting. Hosting is also important to create a WordPress blog. In case you want to read how to get a hosting, we’ve written a complete and in-depth blog on it.
Now, it’s time for us to connect our Domain with Hosting.
Read More: How to Purchase a Domain Name
How to Connect Domain with Hosting
If you’re just like the rest of those who buy a domain and hosting from different providers, then this step is for you all. In case you have got both domains and hosting from one company only, then you may skip this.
Whichever Domain you have purchased, click on Manage DNS in its settings panel.
Here you’ll see Name Server.
This is an important part of your Domain that helps you connect your Domain with Hosting.
- Now you’ll have to go to your Hosting provider and find its Name Server Details.
- So the Nameserver Details that you saw in your Domain provider, you have to change them.
- Go to your Hosting’s DNS and copy both the codes that you see over there in your Domain’s Nameserver.
- This way your Domain and Hosting gets connected.
- So, the name server defines an IP of your website. As in on which computer is it running. No matter if you create blog website on Linux or Windows server.
- Now, it’s going to take 24 to 48 hours to get updated on the internet. So, give it some time and till then, do the following.
- After this, comes the time to install WordPress on your server.
How to Install WordPress on your website
So, WordPress is a Content Management System (CMS). WordPress is a mixture of PHP and MySQL and formed an open-source of it. So, WordPress is a software that helps you manage and WordPress website builder makes your website without worrying about the coding.
- So, go to www.wordpress.org and download the latest WordPress files.
- You’ll get a .rar file which you’d have to upload on your Hosting.
- So, go to your website’s Hosting and locate to cPanel.
- Open File Manager in your cPanel.
- Delete everything that you see under “public_html.”
- After this, your website will become completely new without any content.
- Click on “Upload.”
- Upload the .rar file as it is from the same screen.
- Right-click on the file and click on “Extract.” Extract this file inside “public_html.”
- After this, you can delete your “.rar” file from the directory.
- Now, it’s time for us to configure and create WordPress blog.
Read More: How to Build a Website
How to Set Up WordPress Blog
This is the part that you were expecting to read from the very beginning. But sadly this is just the last part of your question: How to make a WordPress blog.
If you’ve correctly followed all the previous steps, then you’ll be able to use WordPress website builder fine.
Go to: websitename.com/wp-admin/setup-config.php
From this point onwards, you can start to configure your WordPress website.
After selecting the language, WordPress would ask you to provide:
- Database name
- Database username
- Database password
- Database host
Table prefix (if you want to add more than one WordPress in a single database)
- Once you click on Let’s Go, you’ll be able to fill all this information.
- So in order to do that, you’ll be required to fill the username you have created in your Host.
- For that, you need to go to your Hosting site.
- Find MySQL Database. Then Add New User. Fill in the details of your user and you’re good to go.
- Now the user that you have created in MySQL Database, add the same user to Database.
Let me repeat: First, you have to Add New User in MySQL. Then, you’ll have to Add User to Database with the same credentials.
- Provide relevant permissions to your database.
- Now fill the exact same details in your WordPress account’s configuration window.
- Add a new password. And click on Submit.
- After this step, you’ll see the screen to Start Installation.
- Click on Run The Installation.
- Now you can add your WordPress account details, password and other information which will help you to sign in to your WordPress dashboard.
- In the same screen, you may see that the Installer would ask if you want the Search Engine crawlers to not visit your website. You have the ability to do that here. But, you can also change that later on as well.
So, this is How to make a WordPress blog from start to end.
In case you have any problems regarding some options not showing up and some of them not being where they are, it’s normal.
The platforms may update their interface with regular updates. So, the blog may not be relevant in case you’re buying Domain and Hosting from the same company. Or maybe your installation may become less hectic in future updates by Hosting and Domain providers.
Now, whenever you want to access your website’s control panel, you may either choose to go Hosting provider or visit www.yourwebsitename.com/wp-admin.
And this is how you can connect your hosting with your domain name and your website will be live in no time. This is the best and easiest way we have known for making a WordPress website in very less time.