How to do Email Marketing with MailChimp [Step Guide]admin
Email marketing is one of the best ways to convert visitors into customers. You need to understand that if someone is opting in for your email marketing campaign via your email subscribers list, then you have a higher chance of converting them.
In this blog, we’ll take an overview of how to do email marketing with MailChimp. MailChimp is an email marketing tool that helps you to send bulk emails. Here, we are going to take various email marketing examples and see how it is done.
MailChimp Email Marketing Tutorial
Let’s keep this tutorial short and to the point.
- Go to www.mailchimp.com
- Click on Sign Up Free button on the right-hand side of your screen
- Enter the personal details in the form
4. Now, you’ll get an email where you have to confirm your identity.
5. After the confirmation, you have to select the payment methods on Mailchimp.
Here, MailChimp offers you four types of plans:
- Premium, Standard, Essentials, and Free.
- Here, for this tutorial, we’ll select the Free plan as it can help you send mails to upto 2000 contacts without getting charged.
- Now, enter your name and click on enter.
- Now, enter your business name and enter your website.
- Then you’ll have to enter your mailing address.
- Now, MailChimp will ask you if you have an email list made.
Step by Step Guide for MailChimp
- After this step, you have to connect your social media handles like Facebook and Twitter.
- Now, MailChimp will ask if you are new in the market or whether you have created something which is not even available in the market. This way, MailChimp will give you certain recommendations to help better perform your email marketing campaigns.
- A lot of email marketing companies often skip this step as they already know what they need to do for such a business.
- Now, you have entered the MailChimp’s dashboard.
- Here. you can select whether you want to design your email marketing campaign from scratch or you want to write on a pre-built layout or theme.
- Let’s select the Simple Layout template and start creating our own Email marketing campaign that most email marketing companies charge a heck load for.
- This is how the layout would look like when you click on the Simple Layout. You can add a logo on the top of your mail and then write something below that.
- Note that you can copy these elements and change their order the way you like them.
- Let’s edit the content of our first mail and then see how it looks like.
- Once you have edited the template mail, click on Save and Continue. Then you’ll land upon another page where you can enter the recipient’s email, from whom the mail is being sent and the subject line.
- When you click on the “To” button, you can select the audience.
- Now, click on Save and then click on the Subject tab to edit the subject.
- Now, you can click on the preview of your email to see how it actually looks like. Other than that, on the first screen where we got options to create a new email from scratch or use a template to see different email marketing examples.
- Now, in the preview mode, you can choose to see how your email marketing campaign looks like on Desktop, mobile or even the Inbox.
- One of the best benefits of MailChimp is that you can send various emails without getting charged. And that’s not all. You can send mails to up to 2000 people without getting charged.
- Now, once you’re satisfied with your email marketing campaign on Mailchimp, you can simply send the mail at that point of time or you can schedule the mail for some other time.
- Once you click on Send, your mail will be sent to your subscribers in no time.
Now, let’s see how to add people to your subscriber list.
Learn More: What is Digital Marketing: Complete Guide 2020
How to Add Audience in MailChimp
- Go to the Audience section from your dashboard of MailChimp.
- Click on Import Your Contacts.
- Now, you can import your contacts from.CSV, .XLS files or you can directly update them from your Google Contacts, Salesforce, Zendesk or other platforms.
- Here, we uploaded our own contact file in .CSV format.
- If you have entered the right details, then you will see a table like this.
- Once you are satisfied with the information entered in these fields, then you can click on Continue to Organize.
- Now, this is how you can update your subscriber list and keep on sending emails like this.
Check Out the report
Now, it’s time for us to see how the results have been for our campaign. To check out the email marketing campaign results, go to your dashboard and click on Campaigns.
Here, you’ll be able to see how many people opened your emails and clicked on your link provided in the mails. So, this is it about this Email marketing tutorial. Now, you know how to do email marketing with MailChimp.